Travelers up and down Interstate 95 are very familiar with Baltimore, Maryland. To some, it is a major port from where American goods are shipped all over the world. To others, it is simply a nondescript city sitting between Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. In fact, Maryland’s largest municipality is underappreciated given all it has to offer. From sports and recreation to arts and commerce, Baltimore lives up to its nickname of “Charm City.” It is a destination everyone should travel to and enjoy its many attractions via a Baltimore limo service.
Here are 10 reasons to visit Baltimore right now!
- Fort McHenry – is a national monument and historic shrine. Serving as a military stronghold during many American wars, this fortification was most famously the site viewed by Francis Scott Key when he penned the American national anthem, “The Star-Spangled Banner.” Its successful withstanding of a British bombardment during the War of 1812 inspired Key’s immortal words.
- Craft Beer – as the originating city of the bottle cap, Baltimore rightly stands out for craft beer breweries. The city is dotted with taprooms, co-ops and brewpubs. The Peabody Heights brewery, for example, is a local co-op that produces about a thousand barrels of beer each month while offering a 2,000 square foot tasting area.
- National Aquarium – accessible by auto, foot, bicycle, public transit or a reliable Baltimore car service, the nation’s great repository of sea creatures and aquatic life is found in Baltimore. A centerpiece if the redevelopment of the Inner Harbor, the aquarium features such diverse species as electric eels, Bonnet head sharks, Giant Pacific octopi, two-toed sloths and all manner of sea mammals, reptiles, birds and jellyfish.
- The Orioles – this storied major league baseball team has been the pride of Baltimore since it rolled into town in the early 1950s. Housed at beautiful Camden Yards, the team boasts of what many consider the gold standard of modern-age ballparks. Fans flock to games against rivals like the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox.
- Baltimore Symphony – this major American orchestra is one of the regions finest–and unsung–cultural attractions. Making tours around the world, this eclectic group of elite musicians makes its home at Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall on Cathedral Street.
- Johns Hopkins University – this storied institution of higher education opened its doors as a graduate school in 1876, and expanded into an international research hub in medicine, basic science, arts and the humanities. Its scenic original campus sits in the Homewood section of the city.
- The Ravens – newer to town than the Orioles, The NFL Ravens have nevertheless earned a large and zealous fan base, winning the Super Bowl in 2001.
- Parties – Baltimore is home to myriad festivals all year, themed around food, culture, music, and neighborhoods.
- Inner Harbor – the Inner Harbor is a venue for great food, cool jazz, fine wine, dancing and fun.
- Baltimore Museum of Art – holds exclusive displays of African and Asian artifacts.
Let us impress you with unmatched ground transportation. Our commitment to superb service with every interaction, plus always striving to improve, allows us to offer our customers the safest, most valuable and reliable managed transportation programs. We, at ZBest Worldwide, have the fleet, the people, and the experience to transport you in comfort and style.